Sunday, April 18, 2010

Some friendships never die!

When I was 13, my parents broke the news to me that we were moving. I mean 13 was hard enough, not to mention packing up all that I knew and moving to a strange place. But since I wasn't asked and it really wasn't my choice - we moved. I think the hardest thing about being 13 and moving was keeping in touch with my friends. We tried, but lets face it writing long letters back then just didn't work to well. For the most part I lost touch with many of my friends. One friend in particular I have missed very much, we'd known each other since we were four, played soccer together, got in trouble together - you get the drift
For one reason or another I've been thinking about her more and more over the past few years. I wondered if she still lived in GA, was she married, did she have any children, and of course I thought about the 10 thousand memories we shared. After trying to find her on facebook and just googling her randomly I finally decided it might be easier to find her parents - and I did. I sent them a letter, praying it was the right people, some pictures and all my contact info. Sure enough a few days later her father called.
And before I knew it later that afternoon i was on the phone with Missy! I couldn't believe it, I was so filled with joy when I spoke to her father, then I called Missy - got her voice mail, put the kids down for a nap and then she called. You know what the amazing and wonderful thing is?? We talked like we had just seen each other two days earlier! I loved that, I love her, and I am so happy to have found her again!!
And since I have all my old pictures from GA either at my parent's house or at the storage unit - and I'm not exactly sure I want you to all see what I looked like back then :) I thought I would show you her beautiful family! Here's the roll call - From the top of the blog down - Missy's sister Jessica (I know, great name!) holding Missy's son Henry; Missy's father Mr. Sellers :); Missy's Mom Mrs. Sellers; Missy, her husband David, and Henry; and last but not least at all cute little 3 month old Henry! Also a great name ;)

2 comments:

Henry's Mom said...

You are so sweet to highlight my family like a bunch of superstars! So glad you found me, this is almost surreal!!!

Mrs.Dutton said...

This is so sweet! I am glad you found Missy...I always wondered how she was doing. Tell her I said hello next time you talk.