Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My missionary civic

It's funny to me that I've been thinking about FOCUS so much, and I've shared that with you, but maybe God was preparing me to say goodbye to the last physical thing that I still owned and used that was from my missionary days

This is Joan, below, Joan the Jeep - she was my baby, my sweet loving, awesome baby. After having her for a year, I traveled across the country 4 times with FOCUS and put over 23, 000 miles on her

So I spent some time in prayer, and realized that the prudent thing to do since I was living off donor money was to get a very practical car, a civic - I love civics


This is my missionary civic on Monday. On the 18th of this month I paid her off, we had a plan, on Monday that planned changed.

We spent all morning waiting on the side of the road, trying not to think about what a new transmission was going to cost, or how our great plan of saving for about a year so we could purchase a new car. Instead we waited, then that evening we got the call - it was the transmission......


We are now proud owners of a new, to us, minivan :) I am very excited, like I said it wasn't our plan, we had a plan, did I mention that - but as I was reminded, if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plan.....
Another great saying that I needed to hear while these past two days went whirling by us......life happens while you making other plans!


No comments: