Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A good night's sleep

As all moms know, you just never know what to expect in the middle of the night! We've been experiencing some long rough night's with Abby since her ear infections and then just being on vacation, but now that we're home things are looking up for her....she's still sleeping now!
So at 2:25am when Alan and I were woken up I never would have guessed what was about to happen; an absolute first for us. Stephen wakes up in the middle of the night on occasion, but usually by screaming from his room - not last night......
Nope last night at 2:25am I heard Alan say "Stephen?" and I looked up, mumbled his name in what sounded like German and saw him standing at our door - then before I could figure out what was going on he was in my bed, then snuggled up next to me! :) It was actually so cute and cozy with him there, but Stephen is a bit of a wiggle worm and I just couldn't go back to sleep. Though I would have loved to have him stay with us, back to his room he went, where we had to check for "monsters" before he would go back to sleep.
I feel like he is becoming this big boy right before my eyes, and I am really experiencing how babies grow up right before your eyes without realizing it!

1 comment:

Julie said...

So funny. John Paul has been shutting all of our closet doors because he says there are monsters in there. And I am not sure where he picked that up either!