Friday, August 23, 2013

Project 19

I would like to take a moment to spot light some amazing women.  Anyone who knows me, knows I love my school, Troy (State) Universty ;).  I am also very proud and honored to have played soccer at Troy, but I have never been as proud of the soccer program as I am right now!

Not because they have a winning season (although I'm sure they will as soon as the season starts!), but because these young women saw a fellow sister in need and decided to do something.  This year the 2013 Lady Trojans have dedicated their entire season to one of their own.  Kailani Decock is battling Hodgkin's Lymphoma, and the team has developed Project 19 to bring awareness for all those who are battling this form of cancer.

I think what struck me was that it's not something that these ladies are putting on a poster and seeing what happens.  They are already spreading the word and school has just begun!  I noticed the other day that my sorority had made signs and purchased bracelets, the entire athletic department has stepped up, and I'm sure many many more individuals and organizations!  

These girls have made Project 19 go viral on their campus, while doing preseason and preparing for a new school year.  Let's see if we can make it go national!!

Go Troy!

For more information on how you can support Project 19 please go to Troy Soccer

No comments: