Thursday, April 25, 2013

Who we be....(link up)

SHEENA!!  This is a mother's dream come true..... you want me to talk about my kids, and then link up and  everyone can read it?  You got it girl, I'm on this!  Now, I must take a deep breath and only pick one picture for each child.....slow deep breaths, I can do this!

throw back pic of Stephen, it was just to perfect to not share again!
 This picture just might say it all!  Stephen is all Stephen all the time!  When he was a baby someone asked Alan how we knew when he was tired.  Alan simply replied "when he stops moving."  

I often tell people when explaining Stephen's amazing personality is that Stephen gives the world all that God gave him....all day, then crashes out of pure exhaustion!  What's really funny is that I always told people Stephen was an "easy" baby.  Once Abby was born my mom smiled and said, "you kept thinking Stephen was laid back and easy - I didn't want you to know the truth, if you thought that was easy then that's great."

 Then along came Abby!  Oh sweet Abby, we immediately nicknamed her "sweet girl!"  From her awesome nursing skills, to sleeping well, Abby was very laid back!  Abby was so different from Stephen I was blown away!  She is still sweet and snugly!  (don't worry she fits in around her with the noise and tantrums!) She is very much like me when it comes to sleeping, she really doesn't want to miss a thing - so at the first sound of a noise in the house she is up, I love those precious moments with her!  

 When I first found out I was pregnant, of course I was pumped!  I noticed immediately that something was different   I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired!  I thought, well this is what it's like having a 1yr old, 2yr old and being pregnant. But jokingly I would tell people, "somethings going on here, I bet I'm having twins..haha"  I would smile and all would giggle and then I would think to myself "these people think I'm being silly - but really something's different!"  

Well the ultrasound proved that I was right!  I saw two bodies, but the tech didn't say a word.  I made a noise, looked at her and said - is that what I think?  (I was smiling from ear to ear!)  She laughed and said yep, just wanted to make sure everything was fine before telling you.  Alan looked at me, then her, then back at me and said "What are y'all talking about?"  she said TWINS!  Alan laughed out loud and was grinning like the proud papa he is.  The tech just looked at us, we brought Stephen and Abby to the ultra sound, and said "wow, what a reaction, most dads just sit down in silence at this point."  Not my man!  We were ready and willing for this adventure!

First came Cecilia, she too is very sweet and loving!  She loves her mama, I mean, she really loves me!  When she was a baby she wasn't as fussy or needy as Jude (he cried a-lot!)  but as she got older she just wanted me, and wanted me and wanted me.  Don't get me wrong I love it, I know she won't always be like this, but that's her!  She has started to develop a very playful personality, she is silly in a very gentle and delicate way (except when someone takes something from her or I leave her eyesight, then watch out world).  

Last, but most certainly not least is Jude...the Dude! (9 mins later)  This kid is hilarious!  I mean they all are in there own way, but he has the smile and eyes to go with his BIG personality!  He is very much like Stephen, he gives the world all God gave him...and then some!  He is a lover too.  One minute he is running through the house screaming and taking down bad guys with his brother and the next he is giving me (or Cecilia) the biggest bear hug and kiss ever!  Love it, love it, love it!

Now one thing all my children have in common is their noise level!  I have to admit, this comes from me.  I am not a quite person, not in the least.  They will all let anyone that is near know that they are there, and that they do not mind at all if you stop everything you are doing and give them the proper attention.  Three out of the four look just like their daddy, but there is no doubt that they act and sound like me!!

Thanks for reading, now skip on over to the ever sweet and amazing mother of another set of twin.........

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Cannot believe how grown up Jude is!!!! I used to come over when he was not even crawling.

Sheena said...

I am so very lucky to know these kids! Love love love them!! Thank you for blessing us all with their personalities in a blog post! :)