Thursday, August 26, 2010

And I'm back!

First, a minor disclaimer to all my amazing Colorado friends - I love you all and I'm so sorry I didn't see you while I was out there. I truly just flew in to host a shower for Nikki and flew home; I miss you all so much!! But yes it's true, I went out to Colorado and had a great time! I think when I got home I wasn't quite prepared for what was to come - I missed my children, they missed me, I missed my husband, he missed me..... I don't think I missed my dog - until he almost died!
See I returned home, my amazing husband left work early so he could be home when I got there, the kids and I had some fun times together and we were all ready for dinner. So less then an hour after I got home Alan ran off to get us dinner, he received a phone call while he was gone...
He had left Augie (our dog) at his mothers house while I was gone and on his exciting rush home to see me he forgot to pick him up; no worries this happens - but this time for some reason while Augie was at Alan's mom's house he pawed at the glass door a bit to hard and broke one of the small windows. When Alan arrived it was a mess, Augie was hurt very badly and the bleeding wouldn't stop. So off to the late night Emergency room for dogs.... hours and hours later and one surgery Augie was ready to come home. He had severed a major artery, and torn a tendon and some muscles. Now the poor dog has the "cone of shame" around his neck and has to have limited movement for four weeks -and with our exciting children that means, when the kids are around he's in the kennel :(

Poor little guy, poor Alan, I know he was a tired guy the next day! But other than the random craziness when I returned I had a great time, great food, and great fellowship with Nikki and all her family! God Bless Nikki and Ryan as the prepare for their Marriage!

No comments: