Thursday, December 24, 2009

A full bed!

What happens when you have a 2 1/2 yr old, a large lab.... A 9 month old with two ear infections :(.......
A large lab (did I already mention that?), mommy and daddy, and one bed room?
That's a full bed and a long night! Around 2:20am Alan felt Stephen crawling up his leg (he was supposed to be sleeping on the floor in his sleeping bag) at which point he said "Hi daddy!" and crawled in between us (in a double bed). He was so excited to be in the same room and the same bed with us he wanted to talk to us, snuggle with us, roll around, and all that fun stuff. Then poor little Abby who was in a pack-n-play next to the bed started having a rough night and could only sleep with her little ears up against me. So as Stephen started to settle down and I think Alan was able to go back to sleep, Abby and I retreated to the living room. Around 5:30 little Abby got some relief from the Tylenol and we went back to bed.

All that being said, at one point last night, I was still in the bed I had Abby on my chest, and Stephen was snuggled up next to me; it was a very sweet moment with my babies! :) Oh, I can't forget that Augie had snuck up onto the bed too! Merry Christmas! :)

No comments: