Thursday, October 25, 2012

Little thoughts

 So last night was my last run before the race...... wow!  I can't believe it!  First I can't believe that I would ever in my entire life say that 3 miles was an "easy short" run.  That is just absurd, but true :)  I hope and pray I can keep some of this endurance up!
 I was on the Life Without Limits Half-Marathon website the other day www.ucprun.org, I read an awesome comment from a runner last year.  She was an older woman who had run her first half and it sounded like she was a volunteer for UCP.  She said that everyone told her that the last two miles would be the hardest.  As she approached the last two, it was hard, but she started to think about all the children with limitations and special needs and how hard they struggle everyday and push themselves to the limit and keep pushing, after that she stopped struggling and pushed through. 
 What a great motivator.  I can understand, and I know I will have many thoughts over the course of that run this Saturday.  But I pray that I finish strong and that maybe I've made a difference for someone! 
I want to end my last post before the race by saying Thank you!!  Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me through this training!!  Whether it was comments online, emails, texts, words of encouragement, every bit has helped and I am so grateful!!  I also want to give a big shout out to my Mother-in-law Shirley.  90% of every night run was made possible by her.  Alan and Stephen have been out late for football , or Alan has had to work late, and after putting the kids to bed Shirley has been there so I could lace up my shoes and head out the door.  Thank you so much Shirley, I truly appreciate it!!! 
 
Don't forget you can still join Team Cecilia and donate to UCP of Mobile by clicking on this UCP link.  Please make the dedication to Team Cecilia and at the bottom please put Mobile AL as the local office.  Thanks so much!!! 

No comments: